Audio-Technica ATH-MR70x Professional Monitor Headphones (Open-Back)
Professional Open-Back Reference Headphones
The ATH-R70x is Audio-Technica’s first pair of open-back reference professional headphones. Together with the ATH-M70x, they stand as a flagship model in A-T’s lineup of professional studio headphones. Featuring specially designed drivers and acoustically transparent housings fashioned from aluminum honeycomb mesh, these headphones provide an accurate and natural open-back sound. They also incorporate a new, improved design of our popular 3D wing support system to provide even greater comfort during the prolonged use often required in professional settings.
Robust yet lightweight, and equipped with a unique, dual-sided detachable cable that automatically maintains proper stereo orientation (no matter how it’s attached), the R70x headphones are built for lasting comfort, convenience and audio purity.
Pure Professional Performance. Tuned for Mixing and Mastering. Made for the most critical listening tasks, the R70x headphones are perfectly balanced to reproduce extreme low and high frequencies (5 to 40,000 Hz).
- Open-Back Design
- Detachable Cable
- Lightweight Design
- Made for Studio
Acoustically Transparent Housings. Natural and Spacious Open-Back Sound. The R70x is our first pair of professional open-back reference headphones, featuring acoustically transparent housings fashioned from aluminum honeycomb mesh.
Exceptionally Lightweight. Ideal for Long Listening Sessions. Stay comfortable and focused on the music. The R70x is exceptionally lightweight and features our popular 3D Wing Support system to keep you comfortable during extended use.
- High-efficiency magnets and pure alloy magnetic circuit design reduce distortion and ensure accurate and extended high-frequency response
- Carbon composite resin improves structural rigidity to provide detailed transient response
- Acoustically transparent, aluminum honeycomb-mesh housings provide a natural and spacious open-back sound
- Breathable fabric earpads and improved wing support provide long-wearing comfort
- Feather-light weight (approx. 210 g w/o cable) and robust construction make headphones perfectly suited for professional use
- Unique, dual-sided detachable locking cable is L/R signal independent, always ensuring proper stereo orientation
- Type: Open-back reference
- Driver Diameter: 45 mm
- Frequency Response: 5 - 40,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power: 1,000 mW at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: 99 dB
- Impedance: 470 ohms
- Weight: 210 g (7.4 oz), without cable and connector
- Accessories Included: Protective carrying pouch