Avid Media Composer 1-Year Subscription New || Guildwater Gear is an Authorized Avid Software Vendor through the Xchange Market. Please Visit The Xchange to Find Us Among Their List of Authorized Resellers. Your Software Registration Code and Instructions Will Be Sent to You, Along With an URL Connecting You Directly to The Manufacturer, Who Will Provide You With Your Software. Please Be Aware That Software Is Non-Cancelable and Non-Returnable. If you have any questions about this product please do not hesitate to contact us.
Video Post. Edit and deliver anywhere: TV, film, OTT. Powering stronger storytelling.
- More freedom and flexibility than ever before
- Customizable workspaces
- Faster turnaround
Pro Audio & Mixing. Write, record, and perform your sound. Do it all. The power to score faster.
- Deliver accurate scores faster than ever
- Import MIDI into any Sibelius score or template
- Save hours or days of clean-up time
Media Enterprise. Accelerate news, sports, post, and live production. The power to amplify your reach.
- Publish news stories across digital and social platforms instantly
- Deliver up-to-the-minute sports highlights across all platforms
- Turn archived assets into liquid assets
Edit with Oscar- and Emmy-winning tools. The majority of all mainstream movies and TV shows are edited on Media Composer. That’s because its coveted editing, effects, titling, color, and audio tools make the creative process fast, easy, and gratifying.
Create compelling content. Make your stories look, feel, and sound spectacular. From adding drama and mood through high-quality visual effects and color grading, to creating stirring soundtracks in 7.1 surround, you can do it in Media Composer.
Work with any type of media. If you’ve got footage, you can edit it in Media Composer. From HD, UHD, 8K, 16K, and HDR, to stereoscopic 3D and IMAX, Media Composer eliminates the media bottlenecks, streamlining your workflow to bring your stories to life.
Finish in the box—or out. Get consistent color accuracy whether you edit and finish content in Media Composer or roundtrip projects to another application. And deliver OTT content to the required specs right from Media Composer with new IMF packaging tools in the Symphony Option.
Gain unmatched efficiency. Media Composer eliminates media bottlenecks, so you can complete projects faster. Its DNx codecs and HDR color pipeline enable you to scale high-res media and match color spaces quickly. You can even automate time-consuming tasks in the background—essential for every video editor on deadline.
Connect with creators everywhere. Avid Link is now integrated directly in Media Composer, enabling you to find, connect, and collaborate with a network of video and audio creators to expand your creative possibilities and career opportunities. And shop for additional effects and color tools to further your story.
Accelerate multicam editing. Media Composer’s patented, Emmy Award-winning multicamera editing tools minimize tedious prep time and complexity, so you can dive right into the creative fun of telling all perspectives of the story.
Get updates, support, and more. Whether you access Media Composer on a monthly or annual basis, your subscription gives you access to all new releases, Standard support, and some free gifts to help you get the most out of your experience.
Get the industry’s most reliable media management. With rock-solid media management keeping track of all your files, including OP1a, you can have confidence knowing that media won’t go offline. Even as projects move and evolve over many months. Or even years.
Media Composer. Accelerate storytelling with video editing tools embraced by top movie, TV and broadcast editors.
Media Composer Ultimate. Real-time collaboration, accelerated workflow integration, finishing and newsroom tools.
|Media Composer||Media Composer Ultimate|
|Project Formats||SD / HD / >HD||SD / HD / >HD|
|Audio Channels||Mono / Dual / |
Stereo / 5.1 /7.1
|Mono / Dual / |
Stereo / 5.1 /7.1
|Projects & Bins||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Accelerated Script-Based Editing||Add-On||Included|
|Powerful Dialog Search||Add-On||Included|
|Professional Finishing Tools||Add-On||Included|
|Essential News Editing Tools||Add-On||Included|
System Requirements and Compatibility
For optimal performance and reliability, be sure that your computer or laptop meets the following minimum system requirements. Some features of Media Composer have specific system requirements in order to perform properly. Important: Avid dedicates a significant amount of engineering resources and time to test and qualify specific platform configurations. Our Customer Success and Engineering teams are equipped with these systems in our development and support labs. For an optimal experience with Media Composer, we strongly recommend choosing an Avid-qualified system. We cannot guarantee performance, compatibility, or the resolution of issues with other systems.
- Computer: Avid-qualified Windows-based computer
- Memory: 16GB minimum, 32GB (or more) recommended
- Additional Notes:
- Media Composer | Software requires a 64-bit Windows operating systems
- Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise
- Windows 8.1 Professional and Enterprise
- Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1 only)
- Computer: Avid-qualified Apple computers
- Memory: 16GB minimum. 32 (or more) recommended.
- Additional Notes: 12-core 2013 Mac Pro (Ivy Bridge 6,1 Cylinder) and dual 6-core Mac Pro (Westmere 5,1 tower) model CPU's on Mac OSX 10.10.x (Yosemite) have known performance issues with playback, render, and transcode of RED material. If possible, customers with these CPUs that use RED workflows should stay on Mac OS 10.9.5 as it does not exhibit the same performance issues. (UPDATE: This is fixed with the latest RED AMA plugin v1.16.5 and later)