EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master Delay & Reverb Pedal (V3)
[Guild Note: No one can present EarthQuaker Devices better than the EQD Marketing Team themselves. What follows derives straight from either the manufacturer's website, or the product's instruction manual.]
Welcome to your new EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master Delay & Reverb! Can you hold on a sec? The phone's ringing. Hello? Yeah, they're right next to me. It's for you. Oh, I dunno. Something about a delay and reverb pedal with 1.5 seconds of delay time and a dynamic reverb that goes from natural and roomy to cavernous and deep. All in one pedal, yeah. It’s called the Dispatch Master. What's that? Sure, I can ask. Does the Repeats control self-oscillate when it's all the way up? It doesn't? Oh, that's great! Wait, though – what’s this Flexi-Switch™ business all about?
The best-selling EarthQuaker Devices pedal just got bester [sic] with new Flexi-Switch™ Technology! Want to dip into ambient delay and reverb sounds for just one note? Press and hold the footswitch for as long as you use the effect, release it when you’re finished, and resume your regularly scheduled dry sound. To use the Dispatch Master as a normal effects pedal, press the switch once to activate and again to bypass. The Dispatch Master is a hi-fi digital Delay & Reverb Device that combines independent delay and reverb effects into one space-saving enclosure, so you can keep deep ambient echoes (or just a quick slapback) on speed-dial.
To use both effects at the same time, simply adjust all controls to taste.
- The Mix (1) control is a wet/dry blend that adjusts the overall level of the affected signal.
- Time (2) sets the delay time from 0ms to 1500ms (1.5 seconds).
- Reverb (3) controls the amount of reverb. Counterclockwise is less reverb, clockwise is more reverb.
- Repeats (4) controls the regeneration of the delay signal. When the reverb control is set to maximum, you’ll get infinite repeats without runaway self-oscillation, which makes it great for creating drones, dialing in the ultimate post-rock guitar sound without feedback, or just having fun.
To Use the Dispatch Master as a Delay Only
- Turn the Reverb control all the way down
- Adjust the Time, Repeats, and Mix controls to taste
To Use the Dispatch Master as a Reverb Only
- Turn the Time and Repeats controls all the way down
- Adjust the Reverb and Mix controls to taste
Pro Tip: THIS IS IMPORTANT! In Reverb-only mode, the Repeats control has a secondary function. It can be used to adjust the decay, depth, and tonal quality of the reverb! Turn it up for more dynamics and a thicker tone.
Flexi-Switching™ - This device features Flexi-Switch™ Technology! This relay-based, true bypass switching style allows you to simultaneously use momentary and latching-style switching.
- For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass.
- For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.
Power - Since the switching is relay based, it requires power to pass signal. This Device should be powered by a standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages!
Warranty - This Device has a limited lifetime warranty. If it breaks, we will fix it. Should you encounter any issues, please email EarthQuaker Devices.
Features & Specifications
- Digital Delay & Reverb
- Combines two popular high-quality effects into a single space-saving enclosure
- Independent control over delay and/or reverb effects
- 1.5 seconds of delay time
Dialed-in delay Repeats control
- Offers fine adjustment from a single echo to infinite repeats without digital artifacts or self-oscillation
- When used as a reverb only, the Repeats control adjusts the thickness, decay, depth, and tonal nature of the reverberated signal
- Flexi-Switch™ allows for momentary and traditional latching-style switching from a single silent footswitch
- Silent relay-based switching
- All-analog dry signal path
- All-digital wet signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- Current draw: 60mA
- Input Impedance: 300k
- Output Impedance: 1k
- In the box Dims: 5.5” x 3.25” x 3.25”
- Out of the box Dims: 4.75" x 2.50″ x 2.25″
- Boxed Weight (USA): 1.1 lbs