Electro Voice EKX 15SP PA Subwoofer (Powered)
15" POWERED SUBWOOFER
- QuickSmartDSP features best-in-class processing, EV’s signature single-knob user interface, and intuitive menu navigation via LCD.
- Cardioid Control Technology allows output to be steered towards the audience with up to 35 dB reduction on stage when multiple subs are deployed.
- High-efficiency 1300 W Class D power amplifier delivers up to 133 dB peak SPL on the EKX-15SP utilizing high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV.
- Intelligent thermal management with a variable-speed fan controlled by multiple onboard sensors, ensuring superior performance and reliability in demanding environmental conditions.
- Two XLR outputs for easy system expansion to additional loudspeakers or subwoofers. Large slot ports for low distortion and excellent bass extension. Metal grille reinforcement bar (two on the 18SP). M20 threaded pole mount plate.
EKX PORTABLE SPEAKERS
MAXIMUM SONIC IMPACT, MINIMUM EFFORT
- High-efficiency Class-D power amplifiers
- Intelligent thermal management
- EV-patented Signal Synchronized Transducers™ (SST) waveguide design
- Ideal for portable and installed applications
EKX combines renowned EV sound quality and reliability with the latest technology — all in a compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios, including musicians, DJs and small-to-medium live, club, and installed sound applications. EKX is equipped with professional features not usually found at its price point, making it an incredible value. The EKX series is the newest member of the Electro Voice portable loudspeaker family, and combines legendary EV sound quality and reliability with the latest technology ‐ all in a compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios, including musicians/DJs and live/club/installed sound applications. The EKX series features eight models (four powered and four passive), including 12" and 15" two-way models and 15" and 18" subwoofers. EKX is positioned above the ZLX and ELX series and below the ETX series.
•QuickSmartDSP features best-in-class processing, EV signature single-knob user interface, and intuitive menu navigation via LCD. Easy setup via four presets (Music, Live, Speech, Club), sub/top system-match crossovers, three-band EQ, five user-programmable presets (Store and Recall settings), visual monitoring of limiter status, input level control and meters, and master volume control to ensure optimal gain structure. EV-exclusive Cardioid Control Technology feature for subwoofers allows output to be steered towards the audience with up to 35 dB reduction on stage when multiple subs are deployed. (powered models only)
•High-efficiency Class-D power amplifiers (up to 1500 W) deliver up to 134 dB peak SPL via high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV. (powered models only)
•Intelligent thermal management with a variable-speed fan controlled by multiple onboard sensors, ensuring superior performance and reliability in demanding environmental conditions. (powered models only)
•EV-patented Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design on full-range models provides precise and consistent coverage.
•Ideal for portable and installed applications. Lightweight, compact 15-mm wood enclosures with internal bracing, durable EVCoat finish, eight M10 threaded mounting points (full-range models), aluminum pole-mounts, and all-metal handles. Subs feature large slot ports for low distortion and excellent bass extension, and are equipped with a metal grille reinforcement bar.
|Connector Type||(2) XLR/TRS combo jacks and (2) XLR link outputs|
|Enclosure Material||15 mm, plywood with EVCoat|
|Frequency Response (-10 dB)||40 Hz - 180 HzHz (Half Space Measurement)|
|Frequency Response (-3 dB)||45 Hz - 150 HzHz (Half Space Measurement)|
|Grille||18 AWG steel with powdercoat|
|LF Transducer||EVS-15C 381 mm (15 in)|
|Low Pass Frequency||Adjustable: 80 Hz, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, 150 Hz|
|Max. SPL/1m (calc)||133dB|
|Maximum SPL||133 dB peakdB (Maximum SPL measured at 1 m using broadband pink noise at maximum output)|
|Power Consumption||1.8 A (Current rating is 1/8 power)|
|Powered or Passive||Powered|
|Shipping Weight||71.9lbs (32.6kg)|
|Weight Net||57.8lbs (26.2kg)|