iZotope Iris Sample-Based Synthesizer (Educational) || A Discounted Version for Student-Teachers Enrolled in Academic Institutions. Enrollment Subject to Verification Upon Registration of Product with Manufacturer. Your Software Registration Code and Instructions Will Be Sent to You, Along With an URL Connecting You Directly to The Manufacturer, Who Will Provide You With Your Software. Please Be Aware That Software Is Non-Cancelable and Non-Returnable. If you have any questions about this product please do not hesitate to contact us.
The world is your instrument - Iris 2 is iZotope’s inspiring sample-based synthesizer, combining the power of a sampler, the flexibility of a modular synth, and the fun of spectral filtering. Iris 2 is also available in the iZotope Creative Suite!
A virtual canvas for your audio - Iris 2 generates sound by playing back up to four audio files at once, allowing you to mix instrument samples, found sounds, and synthesizer waves into nearly unlimited combinations. The unique Spectrogram interface lets you manipulate your audio by “painting” in filters, unlocking creative filtering possibilities that would be impossible with traditional synthesizer controls.
Main features - Not sure where to start with Iris 2? Check Out the 20-Minute Video Manual from iZotope below.
Tweak your sounds deeply with Iris 2ʼs diverse and intuitive spectral selection tools. Iris 2 makes it fun to experiment and manipulate your selections even further, with additional controls for zooming, inverting, and more.
- Spectrogram display: Visualize the frequency content of your audio and discover sonic details a traditional waveform doesn’t show you.
- Spectral Filter: Draw your own unique filter shapes and isolate specific frequencies to discover new sonic possibilities in your sample library.
- Selection tools: Use a lasso for free-hand drawing of any size or shape, an adjustable brush for more ﬂuid selections, and a magic wand for intelligent selection of harmonic regions.
Bring movement and expression to your sound with dynamic tremolo effects, expressive vibratos, and radical filter sweeps, all easily synced to your host tempo. Apply up to five adjustable-curve ADSR envelopes as well as five LFOs with dozens of morphing wavetable options.
- Over 100 modulatable parameters: Sculpt your signature sound using up to five LFOs, five Envelopes, MIDI Expression Controllers, and Macro Controls.
- Envelopes: Advanced ADSR envelopes let you creatively experiment with your amplitude through adjustable curves, draggable nodes, invert mode, and modulation of all four parameters.
- LFO: Morph and visualize shape changes with real-time animation. Our LFOs contain 20 different wavetable types, each with multiple shapes and a modulatable control to move between them.
- MIDI controllers and Macro controls: Attach MIDI expression controls like key tracking, velocity, aftertouch, and the mod wheel, and save assignments with your patches. Create Macro controls to control multiple parameters with a single knob in perfect proportions.
EFFECTS - Iris 2 features some of the best of iZotope’s award-winning signal processing technology, including distortion, chorus, and stereo delay effects.
Iris 2 features some of the best of iZotope’s award-winning signal processing technology, available in Send or Master signal chains that save with every patch.
- Distortion: Add grit and saturation to your sound with six distortion filters like Tube, Clipping, and Aliasing, taken straight from iZotope’s award-winning Trash 2.
- Chorus: Supply a subtle widening or radical flanging with a spacious chorus effect, inspired by a classic ’80s synth chorus with modern flexibility and controls.
- Stereo Delay: Enjoy lush, crystal-clean decays with a tempo-syncable stereo delay. A bonus analog-modeled overdrive algorithm crunches and darkens your delayed signal like a classic tape echo or bucket-brigade pedal.
- Reverb: Expand your sense of space with a meticulously modeled Plate Reverb tailored specifically for synths, great for everything from subtle ambience to cavernous pads.
- Filters: Add a smooth, sweeping sound with 17 different filter ﬂavors, including classic analog Low-Pass and High-Pass filters as well as exotic Vocal Formant, Band Pass, and Peak filters from Trash 2.
SOUND LIBRARY - Get a great sound quickly with an epic library of new patches and audio samples—all included with your purchase of Iris 2.
Produce exciting tracks instantly with an epic library of new patches and audio samples—all included with your purchase of Iris 2.
- Inspiring new patches: Get started quickly with hundreds of compelling new patches by world-class sound designers, in categories like Leads, Keys, Bass, Rhythmic, and more.
- 11 GB sample library: Explore 11 GB of audio samples, all provided as 24-bit .WAV files for use in any sampler.
- OSC WAVs: Generate sounds from dozens of classic analog oscillator samples or oscillator waveforms (OSC WAVs), now available in all four sample pools.
- Your own sound library: Import your own audio files to craft truly one-of-a-kind sounds.
An Epic Library of Patches and Sounds - Iris 2’s deep collection of patches will inspire you to create never-before-heard compositions and intricate, evolving soundscapes.
Expand your sound palette with hundreds of exclusive musical patches from world-class sound designers and 11 GB of audio samples. Get inspired by the sounds, then explore new sonic territory. It’s easy to create or discover something totally new, just by tweaking a few controls. A broad variety of soundscapes, pads, synth, bass, and lead patches can be creatively altered for adventurous sonic exploration—from soaring leads, ethereal choirs, and percussive effects to pulsing tones, lush chords, and ominous growls. After you've installed and authorized Iris 2, you can access this epic library of sound by logging into your iZotope account and downloading the installer(s).
Audio Sample Categories
- Abstract: Add an element of intrigue to your project with the Abstract sound library. Sample categories range from Pulses, Rhythmic, and Sweeps to FX and Production Elements. Add a “Haunting Drone” or “Granular Torching” to your track and transport your listeners to a brave new world of truly unexplored terrain.
- Environments: From bustling casinos to sci-fi soundscapes, Environments provides a diverse collection of ambiences ready for musical adventures. Load one of the samples and start tweaking instantly, transforming the familiar to the unique and the mundane to the mysterious. Environments is ideal for finding inspiration for your next track or production product.
- Instruments: Standard musical instruments are not always what they seem. Rediscover new beauty and intrigue within familiar sound sources through the Instruments library. Instruments takes what you know and makes it fresh again by uncovering unconventional timbres and tones—bringing something special to the run-of-the-mill piano, guitar, and bass sounds you’re used to.
- Objects: Explore the inherent sonic possibilities of objects—some everyday, and some not-so-everyday—in a musical and meaningful context. The resulting sounds are inviting, uplifting, and unusual. Objects is an eclectic collection of ambiences; the library includes exploits with bottles, mirrors, marbles, glasses, shards, and more.
- Synthesizers: The Synthesizers collection is designed to harness the varied sonic palettes and possibilities of classic synths. From the vintage modulars to modern masters, the Synthesizers library spans a wide range of both musical and chaotic sources. Try creating monster stacks from an ARP 2600, a Moog Modular, an Oberheim Eight-Voice and an EDP Wasp. Start experimenting and you’ll find everything from traditional oscillators to lush effects; glitchy rhythmic syncopations to fat bass sounds.
- Toys: Childhood sounds can be full of hope and sunshine—or they can be the eerie stuff of horror-filled nightmares. The Toys library embraces both perceptions, resulting in a playful collection of child-like sentiments that can sometimes leave you screaming in the dark. Featuring a broad variety from children’s instruments to a circuit bent Speak & Spell, the Toys sound library possesses many possibilities for both soundtracks and sound design.
- Voice: The Voice library melds the world of incredible spectral manipulation with the most powerful instrument there is—the human voice. From simple solo voices and choirs, to beatboxing, hooks, and vocoded rises, Voice is dark, ominous, cheery, and wonderfully musical all at the same time. Breathe a human—or animal—element into your synthetic stylings with Voice.
Grimes (Producer, musician, songwriter) - "I really enjoy Iris for weirder and more unique sounds. I often layer it over more traditional patches to make things more interesting. It's incredibly versatile, I've used it in pop songs and atonal noise pieces."
Iris 2 Technical Specs
Iris 2 runs as a plug-in or as a standalone application.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows: 7, 8, 10
- Mac: OS X 10.7–10.13 (Intel only)
- 32/64 bit Audio Units, VST, VST3, AAX, and RTAS
Plug-in host compatibility:
- Ableton Live 8 and 9, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, FL Studio, Bitwig
Installing the full Iris 2 Sound Library:
1. First, use your unique serial number to authorize your installation of Iris 2.
2. Then log in to your iZotope account, where you'll now have access to the Iris 2 Sound Library downloads.
3. Download the installers from your account and install them on your computer.