Behringer POLY D Polyphonic Synthesizer
Analog 4-Voice Polyphonic Synthesizer with 37 Full-Size Keys, 4 VCOs, Classic Ladder Filter, LFO, BBD Stereo Chorus, Distortion, 32-Step Sequencer and Arpeggiator.
- Analog synthesizer with quadruple VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- 4-Voice polyphonic/paraphonic design with mono, unison and polyphonic mode
- 37 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity functionality
- Authentic reproduction of original "D Type" circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Ultra-high precision 0.1% Thin Film resistors and Polyphenyline Sulphide capacitors
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 5 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths for ultimate sounds
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance for legendary sound performance
- Amazing stereo chorus based on authentic circuitry
- Distortion circuitry adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- Easy-to-use voltage controlled 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Switchable low/high pass filter mode for enhanced sound creation
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 84 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Stereo outputs featuring servo-balanced output stages for highest signal integrity
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
POLY D. The 1970s spawned the first truly portable analog synthesizer, and while it was quickly adopted by lots of renowned musical artists including Jan Hammer, Chick Corea, Rick Wakeman, Jean-Michel Jarre, Isao Tomita and Keith Emerson to name a few, it was somewhat temperamental and very expensive. An ultra-affordable homage to that iconic synthesizer, with all the features of the original and then some, the Behringer POLY D lets you conjure up virtually any monophonic or polyphonic sound imaginable with incredible finesse and ease. The pure analog signal path is based on authentic VCO, VCF, VCA and ladder filter designs in conjunction with a dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO. Owning a POLY D is like having your own personal time machine, enabling you to freely embrace the past – or shape the future!
True to the Original. Great care has been taken in designing the POLY D including the true to the original “D Type” circuitry with its matched transistors and JFETs, ultra-high precision 0.1% thin film resistors and polyphenylene sulphide capacitors. This highly-focused attention to detail is what gives the POLY D its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability, which covers everything from super-fat bass and lead tones, stunning effects, progressive organ sounds – and all the way out to the otherworldly sounds of your imagination.
Big, Fat Tones. The inspired synthesizer tracks laid down in the 1970s and '80s are etched in the annals of progressive rock, wave and synth-pop music forever, making them truly classic in every sense of the word. POLY D’s pure analog signal path with legendary VCO, VCF and VCA circuits, lets you recreate all of that magic – or design incredibly fat and original sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
Three Modes to Choose From. With the POLY D, you can get the best of three worlds by switching between monophonic, polyphonic or unison modes. With the POLY D set to Mono, you can have the characteristics of a classic monophonic synth with fuller, more expressive solos, bass lines and portamentos. Flipping the switch to Poly allows you to play more than one note at the same time to produce stunning chord harmonies and luscious pads that add soul and depth to your music. Unison Mode thickens up your sound by layering all of the POLY D’s voices on top of each other, adding more harmonic content and creating a richer sound.
Four VCOs. The POLY D has four highly-flexible Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCOs) that provide an incredible range of 5 waveforms for sculpting the perfect sound. Oscillators 1, 2 and 3 options include: triangular; triangular/saw; saw; square; wide pulse; and narrow pulse, while OSC 4 features: triangular; reverse saw; saw; square; wide pulse; and narrow pulse. Additionally, all 4 VCOs can be adjusted across an extremely-wide, 6-octave range (LO, 32’, 16’, 8’, 4’ and 2’). This amazing flexibility gives you all the tools you need to be your creative best.
24 dB Ladder Filter and VCA. The very heart of the POLY D’s sound is its highly flexible 24 dB Ladder Filter, which lets you freely experiment with the Cutoff Frequency, Emphasis and Contour to dial in the perfect sound. POLY D’s Filter Mode switch can be set to either Lo- or Hi-pass for selecting the range of your choice. You can also adjust the Attack, Decay and Sustain controls to affect the cutoff frequency with time.
Controls & Connectivity. We just can’t help ourselves – like you, we're gear-heads, too. For those who want the numbers, POLY D has 84 controls, all laid out in a highly-intuitive format that puts the joy back into your music creation. Input and output connections include: MIDI I/O and Thru over USB/MIDI DIN; After Pressure and Velocity outputs with their own dedicated volume controls; internal and external V-Trig I/O; external Loudness, Filter, OSC, and modulation source outputs.
Unleash Your Imagination. When it comes to not just pushing envelopes but creating them, POLY D gives your imagination its voice – and it’s so very affordable. When modern performance calls for classic analog sound – it calls for the Behringer POLY D! Visit your dealer to experience the stunning POLY D or get yours online today. Music never felt this good!