elysia karacter Saturation Distortion (500 Series)
The Analog Saturator Module. Music is Art. Paint your Tones. The karacter 500 is a box full of vibrant colors. It covers a complete spectrum including mastering-grade saturation, tube-inspired distortion and glorious destruction. Gone are the days when only racks full of outboard gear could achieve these elusive and highly desirable styles of tonal coloration.
The entire unit is designed with discrete class-A topology, so even the most lo-fi sounds will benefit from the karacter’s high-end touch. Enhance your tracks or decimate everything – It’s a matter of karacter.
5 reasons why you should use the karacter 500, even though there are many more!
- Build Quality. The karacter 500, just like all our products, is designed, engineered and handcrafted in Germany.
- Class-A Topology. Consequently represents the art of discrete signal processing.
- Unique Color Filter. This feature changes the harmonics frequency relation with tons of interesting variations. Middle is flat, turn left for more dub and right for more shred.
- Dual Mono / Stereo Link. The karacter 500 gives you ultimate flexibility in terms of configuring its channels.
- Saturation / Distortion Galore. Mastering grade saturation and a Tube-inspired distortion is under the hood of karacter 500.
Build Quality. The karacter 500 is all about details. Every single of its many aspects – sound, features, circuitry, components, design, materials, manufacturing – has been thought over and over until there was just nothing left to improve. Basically, every single part of our fine products is custom, and most of these are made according to our own designs and specs.
Only the best components the market has to offer are good enough for the karacter, and it shows. Each of our product is manually built to order and tested by ourselves, here at our headquarters in Germany. Our product benefits sum up in an audio quality that is beyond all doubt. Even when extreme settings are used, the sound always stays clean and powerful.
Four Channel Configurations. This enormously creative tone-shaping solution offers two separate channels which can be set up for dual mono, linked stereo or linked and unlinked M/S operation. Three different coloration styles can be chosen from, and integrated mix stages for parallel signal processing as well as the unique Color Control add further versatility.
Mastering-Grade Saturation. The karacter 500 can add unobtrusive coloration and thickness to your music by applying subtle (or less subtle) amounts of symmetrical clipping. This mode has a soft characteristic curve and focuses on the uneven harmonics (h3, h5, …). Remember you can always use the mix controller to blend any desired amount of saturation with your original dry path for even further signal integrity.