elysia mpressor Stereo Compressor (500 Series) || Creative Analog Compressor Module.
Future Dynamics. The mpressor 500 brings the heritage of our extremely powerful rack mount mpressor into the 500 series format. Like its bigger brother, the mpressor 500 combines serious punch with a full and detailed class-A sound. Its great tone and flexibility make it an excellent choice for recording and mixing, while its remarkable special features take it far beyond the borders of what normal compressors can do.
Its massive sound, next generation features and its creative approach make the mpressor 500 a truly outstanding tool in the world of dynamics processing – the compressor from the future.
5 reasons why you should use the mpressor 500 (even though there are many more!)
- Build Quality. The mpressor 500, just like all our products, is designed, engineered and handcrafted in Germany.
- Discrete Class-A Technology. Consequently represents the art of discrete signal processing.
- Auto-Fast. A switchable semi automation which always provides perfect attack and release.
- Stepped Controllers. These Controllers provides you a quick and easy recall.
- Gain Reduction Limiter Feature. This limiter is not placed in the audio path where you would usually find it, but in the control path of the compressor.
Build Quality. elysia quality is all about details. Every single of its many aspects – sound, features, circuitry, components, design, materials, manufacturing – has been thought over and over until there was just nothing left to improve. Basically, every single part of our products is custom, and most of these are made according to our own designs and specs. Only the best components the market has to offer are good enough for our products, and it shows. Each of our product is manually built to order and tested by ourselves, here at our headquarters in Germany. The benefits sum up in an audio quality that is beyond all doubt. Even when extreme settings are used, the sound always stays clean and powerful.
Control Freak. Extreme time constants, negative ratios, antilog release and elysia’s innovative gain reduction limiter provide a whole spectrum of unique dynamics shaping options. A new feature of the 500 series module is its switchable THD boost allowing on-the-fly signal coloration and saturation effects capable of delivering a grittier flavor.
THD Boost. Activating the THD Boost function raises the level in front of the gain control element. This generates additional harmonics inside the input stage of this amplifier, which has a significant influence on the sonic structure of a signal. The mpressor 500 is a pure feed forward compressor, and the gain potentiometer is placed before the control element. This means that the intensity of the saturation can be raised or lowered by different settings of the gain controller. What’s special: The detector in the sidechain of the compressor runs in parallel and is therefore not influenced by the THD Boost at all. The actual compression does not change, it is only the sound which is being influenced. You generate a saturated signal which as a result is also reduced in dynamics, but the actual control of the compressor itself is always based on the original dynamics including all transients, impulses and so on.
- <10 Hz - 390 kHz (-3 dB) THD+N
- @ 0 dBu, 20 Hz – 22 kHz: 0.04 %
- @ 10 dBu, 20 Hz – 22 kHz: 0.19 %
- @ 0 dBu, 20 Hz – 22 kHz, THD Boost: 0.24 %
- @ 10 dBu, 20 Hz – 22 kHz, THD Boost: 2.20 %
- 20 Hz – 20 kHz (A-weighted): -79 dBu
- 20 Hz – 20 kHz (A-weighted), THD Boost: -87 dBu
Dynamic range: 20 Hz – 22 kHz: 99 dB
Maximum level - Input: 21 dBu / Output: 22 dBu
Impedance - Input: 10 kOhm / Output: 68 Ohm
Power Consumption - Total: 75 mA