elysia xfilter Parametric Equalizer (500 Series)
4-Band Analog Stereo Equalizer Module. The Missing Link. The xfilter 500 is a true linked stereo EQ in the 500 series format. It gives you the expensive sound of an all class-A equalizer in a surprisingly affordable package, with a precise stereo image based on computer-selected, stepped potentiometers and low tolerance film capacitors. With its exceptionally open sound, straight transient projection and solid punch, the xfilter 500 is the perfect match for your xpressor 500 – or any other piece of outboard gear!
5 reasons why you should use the xfilter 500, even though there are many more!
- Build Quality. The xfilter, just like all our products, is designed, engineered and handcrafted in Germany.
- Class-A Topology. Consequently represents the art of discrete signal processing.
- True Stereo Link. As one of the few exceptions in the market, the xfilter 500 processes both of its channels with just one set of controllers – a true stereo linked EQ.
- Computer-Selected Potentiometers. Every single dual and quad layer pot we buy is measured with custom computer routines, and only the lowest tolerance ones go into production.
- Low Tolerance Capacitors. The special series of film caps used for the xfilter performs twice as good as the industry standard in terms of component tolerance.
Build Quality. The xfilter 500 is all about details. Every single of its many aspects – sound, features, circuitry, components, design, materials, manufacturing – has been thought over and over until there was just nothing left to improve. Basically, every single part of our fine products is custom, and most of these are made according to our own designs and specs.
Only the best components the market has to offer are good enough for the xfilter 500, and it shows. Each of our product is manually built to order and tested by ourselves, here at our headquarters in Germany. Our product benefits sum up in an audio quality that is beyond all doubt. Even when extreme settings are used, the sound always stays clean and powerful.
Active Meets Passive. The xfilter 500 is absolutely serious about flexibility. It offers high and low shelf bands which can be switched into high and low cut filters with resonance, two mid peak filters with wide and narrow Q, plus additional passive LC stages with shielded coils for a glorious top end.