Focusrite ISA 428 MkII Microphone Preamp
If you have any questions about this product please do not hesitate to contact us. Guildwater Gear is an Authorized Focusrite Dealer.
Four Classic Mic Pres. ISA 428 MkII incorporates four of Focusrite's renowned mic pres in a simple-to-operate 2U enclosure, placing four mic preamps, instrument inputs and line ins at your fingertips. The original Focusrite mic pre was designed to suit the microphones of the time; today's model makes one small change, adding three additional input impedances to the classic ISA 110 setting, allowing you to match any microphone, old or new, and access a wide range of sounds, from the character and warmth of a vintage mic to the clear transparency of a modern design.
Each mic pre has the option of mic, line or the front-panel instrument input, with variable input impedance to ensure you are getting the best performance from the source. Up to 60dB of gain is available on the four-position rotary and gain range switches, with a further +20dB of continuously variable trim, meaning a huge 80dB of gain is available should it be required. The high-pass filter features variable cut-off frequency between 16 and 420Hz. An array of 6-segment LED meters show peak signal level for the four mic pres, in addition to the four direct inputs to the optional A-D card. Switchable rear-panel insert points allow the use of inline processors such as compression.
Since 1985, Focusrite has been a name synonymous with no-compromise mic pres following the creation of the ISA 110 for Sir George Martin's Neve console at Air Studios. The legacy of the original ISA 110 lives on today, not only in the ISA range itself, but also in every mic pre we design.
Standing for 'Input Signal Amplifier', the ISA range was born out of the original Focusrite Forte console of the late 80's, and later the Focusrite Studio Console. The core modules from these consoles live on with Focusrite's current range of ISA products, which have in themselves also become recording classics, and the choice of the world's finest producers and engineers. All ISA products use the Lundahl LL1538 input transformer and a custom Zobel network, both of which contribute to their sought-after sound.
- Classic ISA mic preamp design featuring Lundahl LL1538 input transformer
- Instrument and line inputs with dedicated input connectors and front-panel switch
- Switchable input impedance including classic ISA 110 setting
- Variable cut-off frequency high-pass filter
- Dedicated switchable insert point
- Per-channel six-segment LED peak-level meters
- Optional A-D card with up to 192kHz, 24-bit sampling via ADAT or AES3
- Brainworx bx_console Focusrite – exclusive plug-in that faithfully captures the sound, feel and styling of the original Focusrite ISA 110 Equaliser and ISA 130 Dynamics Modules.