Fredenstein Artistic Equalizer (500 Series)
The Fredenstein Artistic EQ, a three band equalizer for 500 series racks, provides best-in-class audio performance and flexibility. Open sounding, easy to use, and with our Color technology; the Artistic EQ can handle any program material in live and studio applications.
The centerpiece of the Artististic EQ is the OPA2 discrete audio operational amplifier. As all Fredenstein products, it is not a copy of an older design, but a proprietary design manufactured in SMT technology. Matched and integrated dual input transistors guarantee vastly improved specifications compared to older designs. The OPA2, following the tradition of well known manufactures, is socketed and can be exchanged without tools.
The sound is further defined by the American-made steel-core output transformer, which is known for its smooth vintage sound without being dark or just “mid-rangy”. The low and high frequency filters can be switched between Bell or Shelf . The gain range for each filter is +- 14 dB. To facilitate sound comparisons, a true “hard” bypass is available when EQ IN is not engaged.
- 1-channel, 3-band 500 Series equalizer
- Switchable Color circuit adds vintage-flavored tubelike harmonic content
- LF and HF bands switchable between Shelf and Bell curves
- Hard bypass for quick comparison of dry and equalized signals
- US-made steel-core output transformer for big, clear, punchy sound
- Proprietary OPA2 op-amp for vintage tone with state-of-the-art performance