MOTU micro express MIDI Interface
micro express — 4x6 USB MIDI interface
micro express is a 4-in/6-out MIDI interface with SMPTE synchronization, compatible with Mac OS X and Windows. Built with MOTU’s award-winning MIDI interface technology, the micro express is a compact, bus-powered MIDI interface and time code synchronizer that provides expandable, plug-and-play connectivity to any USB-equipped Mac or Windows computer.
It's an Express XT — but compact and portable. The micro express is a mini version of the MIDI Express XT. It has many of the same features as the Express XT — except that it is smaller, bus-powered, and even more affordable.
The micro express provides 4 MIDI inputs, 6 MIDI outputs, 96 MIDI channels and compatibility with all Mac and Windows software. Sixteen convenient, one-touch presets (8 factory and 8 user programmable) give you instant front-panel access to multiple operational configurations.
The included ClockWorks™ console software for Mac OS X and Windows 7/Vista provides comprehensive MIDI routing, merging and muting.
Professional time code sync. As a professional-grade SMPTE time code synchronizer, the micro express converts and stripes time code in all frame formats (23.976*, 24, 25, 29.97 drop and non-drop, and 30). SMPTE “jam sync” with adjustable freewheeling provides glitch-free sync.
The micro express also supports MIDI Machine Control (MMC), with the ability to serve as either an MMC master or slave. The micro express can distribute MMC transport commands to all other connected MMC devices.
Foot switch support. Connect a foot switch to the convenient front-panel pedal input and then program it to generate MIDI data when pressed. Send the data to any connected devices. For example, you could send MIDI patch changes to synths and sound modules during live performance.
Expandable, plug-and-play bus-powered USB operation. The micro express takes full advantage of USB, giving you high-speed MIDI throughput, sub-millisecond timing accuracy, support for “hot-swapping” and plug-and-play expansion. Need to connect another sound module or synth? No problem. Just add another MOTU USB MIDI interface via any available USB port. Because it's bus--powered, you can take the micro express anywhere.
No other MIDI interface offers this much value and performance at such an affordable price.
- USB MIDI interface for Mac and Windows
- Stand-alone MIDI patchbay/merger/processor (when powered via USB)
- SMPTE time code sync in all formats (includes new support for 23.976* fps time code)
- 4x6 MIDI merge matrix: connects any device to any other
- 16 front panel presets
- 4 independent MIDI IN
- 6 independent MIDI OUT
- 96 MIDI channels
- Supports MIDI Machine Control transport messages
- Pedal input for momentary foot switch
- 16 presets with 8 programmable, battery-backed memory
- MIDI Time Stamping (MTS) for sub-millisecond timing accuracy
- Includes updated drivers and ClockWorks™ software for Mac and Windows
- USB bus-powered
MIDI and Sync
- Merge any inputs to any outputs
- Route any inputs to any outputs
- Mute any MIDI data on any cable
- Re-channelize on input and output
- SMPTE time code (LTC) generater and reader
- Converts LTC to MIDI Time Code (MTC) to sync a Mac, PC or any other devices to SMPTE time code
- Converts all SMPTE frame rates (23.976*, 24, 25, 29.97 drop, 29.97 non-drop, 30)
- Stripes SMPTE time code in all frame rates (23.976*, 24, 25, 29.97 drop, 29.97 non-drop, 30)
- Converts MIDI Time Code to SMPTE time code
- SMPTE "Jam Sync" with adjustable freewheeling for dropout-free sync
- Supports MIDI Machine Control - serves as either an MMC master or slave, distributes MMC transport commands to all other MMC devices
- Custom-designed VLSI technology
- Front panel buttons and LED's for choosing presets (8 factory, 8 user)
- Front panel SMPTE stripe button
- Front panel SMPTE lock and tach LED's
- Status lights for MIDI IN/OUT and computers
- Front panel MIDI IN and OUT ports
- Panic button
- 10 MIDI connectors
- 2 SMPTE quarter-inch phone (line level)
- 1 pedal quarter-inch phone input
- Includes software console for Mac and Windows, USB cable
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears: 9.5 x 7 x 1.75 inches (24.13 x 17.78 x 4.45 cm). With rack ears attached, fits one half of a standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high.