MOTU MicroBook llc Audio Interface
Personal studio recording has never sounded better.
A complete solution. Everything you need to make world-class recordings The MicroBook IIc provides simultaneous inputs for a microphone, a guitar, and a keyboard or other stereo line level device. The mic preamp delivers neutral coloration and pristine sound, with -20 dB pad and 48V phantom power for condenser mics. Programmable outputs provide flexible monitoring options.
Ultra-compact size. Take it with you anywhere. The MicroBook IIc is an impressively small 5.5 by 3.6 by 1.25 inches, which means that it slides easily into your backpack — or a large pocket. It also sits nicely next to your laptop or desktop computer.
Studio-grade sound. Engineered for the discriminating ear. The MicroBook IIc has been engineered with MOTU’s renowned, award-winning audio interface technology, which delivers the uncompromising audio quality and rock-solid performance MOTU interfaces are known for worldwide. You can always record and mix with confidence, even in the most demanding professional recording situations, knowing that decades of engineering experience are behind you, every step of the way. The MicroBook IIc delivers measured audio specs that rival interfaces costing hundreds more.
High-speed USB 2.0. High bandwidth and low latency. The MicroBook IIc can record and play all channels simultaneously, and high-speed USB 2.0 provides plenty of bandwidth, even at 96 kHz.
iPad® support. High-quality I/O for your iOS music apps. As the "c" in its name implies, the MicroBook IIc is USB audio class compliant. Use a standard Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (purchased separately) to connect the MicroBook IIc to your iPad. Then record and monitor high-quality audio with your favorite iOS apps. Power the MicroBook IIc with the included Micro-USB cable and AC wall adapter.
Flexible volume control. Digital encoders push and turn. The two digital rotary encoders not only look good, they feel good, too. Push the volume knob repeatedly to cycle among the main outs, headphones, or both, as indicated by the LEDs. For the mic input, adjust trim and toggle 48V phantom power or the -20 dB pad. Hands-on control is immediate and intuitive.
Professional I/O. Personal recording with no-compromise, professional I/O connections.
- XLR mic input - Go ahead: connect your $5,000 mic. This preamp is worthy of the best you've got.
- Hi-Z guitar in - Proper impedance delivers totally authentic guitar tones that feel right as you play.1
- Line in - Add a keyboard or other line level input on balanced connectors for pristine sound.
- Multiple independent outputs - Feed independent audio to each output pair: main out, line out, and phones.
- Balanced line level connectors - Protect your mix from AC hum and RF noise with balanced connections.
- Digitally controlled analog trim - You get the best of both worlds: analog sound quality with digital precision.
Mixing and effects. It's an 8-bus digital mixer, too. The MicroBook IIc is an 8-bus digital mixer that lets you mix live inputs with each other — with or without host software tracks. With CueMix FX running on your computer, you can create separate mixes of live audio from your mic, guitar, and keyboard, and send each mix to separate outputs (main out, line out, and phones out) or any combination of all three.
Solid metal chassis. MOTU interfaces are built to last. The MicroBook IIc aluminum alloy chassis is lightweight, yet incredibly sturdy and durable, and designed to withstand the rigors of the studio, stage, and tour bus. In a world awash with cheap plastic, the cool touch of the MicroBook IIc's metal exterior in your hands is a reassuring reminder that you are holding quality engineering and construction built to last.
"This very portable USB interface is a singer/guitarist's dream come true."
— Recording Magazine
"The MicroBook II is an ideal choice for the mobile musician in need of an affordable and simple but flexible I/O. If you need to record stereo keys, guitar or bass, and vocals, along with hearing your soft synths, this unit will handle the job with ease."
— Keyboard Magazine
Advanced extras. The engineering behind the MicroBook IIc runs deep, to give your audio recordings the depth of quality they deserve
- Six simultaneous outputs - Output three stereo pairs simultaneously. They can match or be completely independent.
- HD audio - Record your projects at 88.2 or 96 kHz for true HD audio resolution.
- Instrument tuner - Tune your guitar or other instrument to within a hundredth of a cent with this easy-to-read meter.
- Signal Generator - Generate sine waves and white or pink noise to calibrate and fine-tune your entire studio.
- Analysis tools - Visualize the harmonic content of your mix with dynamic animation and vivid color.
- Oscilloscope - Turn your computer into a sophisticated oscilloscope with digital precision.
CueMix FX™ - On-screen mixing and control app. The included CueMix FX software for Mac OS X and Windows gives you graphic, on-screen control of the MicroBook IIc's on-board audio mixer, with up to four separate stereo mixes (a separate mix for each output pair). For example, you can mix all the inputs to the main outs, but also mix them to the line outs with completely different levels than the main outs. Advanced features include a tuner, oscilloscope, FFT/spectrogram, and phase analysis tools.
AudioDesk® - Professional workstation software The MicroBook IIc includes AudioDesk, the workstation software for Mac OS X and Windows (10, 8 and 7), which provides advanced recording, editing, mixing, processing, and mastering. AudioDesk delivers the power of modern digital audio workstation technology in an easy-to-use, inspiring multitrack recording experience. Together, AudioDesk and the MicroBook IIc transform your computer desktop into a complete, professional recording studio.