Nord Wave 2 Wavetable and FM Synthesizer (61-Key)
If you have any questions about this product please do not hesitate to contact us. Guildwater Gear is an Authorized Nord Dealer.
The Nord Wave 2 is a powerful 4-part performance synthesizer combining Virtual Analog synthesis, Samples, FM and Wavetable with an intuitive layer-focused interface.
With 48 voice polyphony, innovative performance features and hands-on controls, the Nord Wave 2 offers outstanding sonic possibilities with advanced layering and tweaking on the fly.
With 4 independent synthesizers in one the Nord Wave 2 offers exceptional possibilities for layering both classic waveforms and samples. Dedicated OLED displays for Program and Oscillator sections provide an excellent overview when shaping your sounds. The wide range of performance features and instantly tweakable hands-on effects makes the Wave 2 our most versatile performance synthesizer ever.
- 4 Layer Synthesizer with LED faders
- Virtual Analog synthesis, Wavetable, FM and sample playback
- 48 voices
- 1 GB memory for Nord Sample Library 3.0
- Effects, EQ, Delay and Reverb for each layer
- Advanced Arpeggiator and Gate features
- 61-key semi-weighted keyboard with octave shift buttons, +/-2 octaves.
- Keyboard Split with 3 split points.
- Advanced Morph functionality
- Impulse Morph for instant morphing overrides
- Group functionality for multi-layer editing
- Dedicated OLED Display for oscillator settings
- Analog: Basic, Shape, Shape Sine, Multi, Sync, Bell, Noise.
- Wavetable: Wavetables, Formants.
- FM: Dual, Triple, Vocal and Multi with Harmonic and Inharmonic options.
- Samples: Nord Sample Library 3.0
- Oscillator Control: Shape, Detune or Sync amount for Analog waveforms, Shape for Wavetables, Modulation amount for FM.
- Dual Osc: Unison control with 3 amount options.
- Semitone (-24 - +24) and Fine Tune pitch controls.
- MODULATION SECTION
- LFO generates a triangle, square, sawtooth, inverted sawtooth or sample and hold waveforms. LFO can be routed to Filter Frequency, Osc Pitch or Osc Mod. The LFO rate can be synchronized to the Master Clock.
- AD/AR envelope
- Arpeggiator: Range: 1 - 4 octave. Modes: up, down, up/down, random. Zig-Zag option. The Arpeggio rate can be synchronized to the Master Clock.
- Poly: Polyphonic Arpeggiator for retriggering of full chords at zero range, and polyphonic arpeggio of chord inversions at larger ranges.
- Gate: Rhythmic level gate with adjustable hardness envelope.
- Pattern Mode: Pattern mode for Arpeggiator, Trig or Gate with 30+ editable presets or custom pattern.
- Patttern Editor - Dedicated editor for creating custom rhythmic patterns that can be used with Arpeggiator, Trig or Gate.
- Multi-mode filter with 12 dB (2-pole) low pass, 24 dB (4-pole) lowpass and band pass, high pass, Ladder M, low pass+high pass characteristics.
- Cut off, Resonance, envelope amount, envelope amount controlled by velocity.
- ADSR envelope.
- Filter keyboard tracking can be set to off, 1/3, 2/3 or full.
- Adjustable Filter Distortion.
- ADSR envelope
- Transient Attack-mode for snappier attack
- Amp Velocity Amount (3 levels)
- LED fader for each layer for instant level control and overview.
- Group multiple layers for quick multi-layer editing of Amp Env, Filter, Effects, Arpeggiator etc.
- Layer Lock: Locks the currently active layer configuration.
- Split functionality: 3 split points with 8 location options and Split Crossfade.
- Individual Pan-control per layer.
- Solo mode for quickly muting all except the focused layer.
- Voice modes: Poly, Legato and Mono with Glide
- Impulse Morph: Instantly change one or several parameters at the press of a button.
- Classic Nord Morph functionality for flexible control of multiple parameters (Wheel, Aftertouch, Velocity and Control Pedal)
- Modulation Wheel
- Pitch Stick with programmable range.
- Fast assign of wheel modulation destination
- Vibrato with 3 Delay modes and Wheel/Aftertouch assign
- Keyboard Hold which can be disabled on each Layer individually
- Program Gain control
- Large OLED Display
- Program Transpose functionality
- 5 Program Buttons
- Live Mode
- Copy/Paste functionality
- Master Clock control of Arpeggiator, LFO, Effects and Delay + plus External Clock Sync
- FX section with Tremolo, Pan, Ring Modulation, Chorus, Ensemble and Vibe.
- EQ with Bass/Treble control or Parametric 1 Band control.
- Drive effect for tube-distortion
- Delay section with rate/time, tap tempo, analog mode, stereo ping-pong, dry/wet mix. The Delay speed can be synchronized to the Master Clock. Feedback loop effects: Chorus, Vibe and Ensemble, Feedback filters: HP, LP and BP.
- Reverb section with five algorithms (Booth, Room, Stage, Hall, Cathedral) + Dark, Bright and Chorale (modulated Reverb)
- Programs (single sounds): 16 x 25 (400) locations
- 2 outputs
- Headphones output
- High resolution low noise 24 bit DACs
- All control knobs and switches send and receive control change messages.
- Master Clock will sync to incoming MIDI clock.
- Soft Thru
- 2 Line Level Audio Outputs - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- Stereo Headphone Output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- Sustain Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm jack.
- Control Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-7, Roland EV-5, Korg EXP2 or Korg XVP10.
- USB connector with MIDI capabilities
- MIDI In & Out - 5 pin DIN connectors