Pianoteq U4 Upright Piano || Your Digital Software Registration Code and Instructions Will Be Sent to You, Along With an URL Connecting You Directly to The Manufacturer, Who Will Provide You With Your Software Digitally. Please Be Aware That Software Is Non-Cancelable and Non-Returnable. If you have any questions about this product please do not hesitate to contact us. Guildwater Gear is an Authorized Pianoteq Dealer through the Xchange Market. There, You Can Find Us Among Their List of Authorized Resellers.
The U4 upright piano emphasizes the characteristics of upright pianos, offering 21 exciting presets. Besides the beautiful timbre of well-built acoustic pianos, there are some increased “imperfections” in presets such as Blues, Vintage, Honky Tonk, Detuned, Ruined, Bierkeller, Tacky, Wavy, Weathered, Club...
The U4 Upright Piano emphasizes all the specific characteristics of upright pianos with 21 exciting presets demonstrating the versatility of the instrument. Along with the beautiful timbre of well-built acoustic pianos, higher inharmonicity and increased imperfections can be heard in the presets such as Honky Tonk, Vintage, Detuned, Ruined, Bierkeller, Tacky, Wavy, Weathered, Club...
In contrast to the grand piano, the upright piano is vertically strung and has a vertical soundboard and bridges, as well. The first variant resembling to an upright piano appeared in 1739 and a more modern variant in 1800. Mass production followed as the instrument improved by the addition of an iron frame and a larger octave range. The compact size and affordable price made it increasingly popular for use in many smaller music halls, pubs and private homes. Legendary composers such as Scott Joplin, George Gershwin, Duke Ellington, Thelonious Monk, Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard all started their music careers on upright pianos.
In the microphones section (Standard and Pro version) you can set the distance to the nearest wall and position microphones and the lid. This new, movable wall was designed exclusively for the U4. The improved physical model in Pianoteq 6 benefits the U4 by bringing more clarity and authenticity.
Requires Pianoteq 4.5 or Higher
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later, Windows 7 or later, Linux (x86 and ARM)
- Audio Units / VST / AAX / NKS compatible
Pianoteq 6 facilitates your workflow by adding compatibility with the VST3 format and the ARM architecture (Linux version only, for example on Raspberry Pi 3 boards). VST3 is the latest plug-in platform developed by Steinberg, and is supported by many audio hosts. Compatibility with the ARM architecture means that Pianoteq 6 can be used with RISC based CPU's used in smaller Linux based consumer electronic devices. Furthermore, since Pianoteq 6.1, the NKS (Native Kontrol Standard) extended plug-in format from Native Instruments is supported.
- Pianoteq is a physically modelled virtual instrument
- Optional instruments for purchase: upright, grand pianos, rock piano, electric pianos, harp, vibraphones, clavinet, celesta+glockenspiel, xylophone+marimba, steelpans
- Free instruments: KIViR historical instruments collection, bells and carillons.
- Unique adjustable physical parameters, such as unison width, octave stretching, hammer hardness, soundboard, string length, sympathetic resonance, duplex scale resonance.
- Progressive variation of the timbre (uses all the 127 MIDI velocities)
- Control of the dynamics in timbre and volume
- Polyphonic Aftertouch (particularly interesting for the clavichord)
- Realistic sympathetic resonances, including duplex scale
- Microtuning, supports Scala format *
- Adjustable mechanical noises (sampled or modelled)
- Built-in graphic equalizer
- Built-in graphic curve for key velocity, note-off and pedal
- Keyboard calibration assistant
- Ten types of pedals (that can be assigned to the four UI pedals): Sustain, Soft, Harmonic, Sostenuto, Super Sostenuto, Rattle, Buff Stop, Celeste, Pinch Harmonic, Glissando
- Progressive sustain pedal, allowing partial-pedal effects
- Convolution reverberations
- Effects: Tremolo, Wah, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Fuzz, Delay, Amp, Compressor, Mini-eq.
- Mallet bounce (note repetition)
- Instrument condition (mint to worn)
- Variable lid position *
- Five adjustable microphones *
- Multi channel - up to 5 channels *
- No quantization noise (32-bit internal computation)
- Renders high resolution MIDI formats CC#88 and Disklavier XP.
- Installs and loads in seconds
- Extremely small file size (less than 50 MB)
- Excellent for use on modern laptops
- Extended key range (105 keys = 8+2/3 octaves) for the grand pianos Steinway D and K2
(* in Standard and PRO versions)