Eventide Omnipressor || Your Software Digital Registration Code and Instructions Will Be Sent to You, Along With an URL Connecting You Directly to The Manufacturer, Who Will Provide You With Your Software Digitally. Please Be Aware That Software Is Non-Cancelable and Non-Returnable. If you have any questions about this product please do not hesitate to contact us. Guildwater Gear is an Authorized Eventide Dealer through the Xchange Market. Please Visit the Xchange Market to Find Us Among Their List of Authorized Resellers.
Eventide Omnipressor - First Dynamics FX Processor.
Dynamics Processor with Attitude! Introduced in the early 1970s, the Omnipressor® was the first dynamics effects processor of any kind. Invented by Eventide's founder, Richard Factor, the Omnipresssor, made a host of effects possible. It featured variable control of all aspects of dynamic modification. It also introduced the notion of the 'side chain' and foretold techniques that today we take for granted like 'look ahead' processing. Factor's original design, the "white-face" Omnipressor 'featured' controls that made the unit virtually impossible to use. In fact, here's the opening paragraph of the original user's manual:
"...if you don't fondle it's controls properly it will cause you hours of confusion and tempt you to dash it against the rocks or put it in a sack and drown it."
Engineer Jon Paul was brought on board to tame the beast and the "black-face" Omnipressor was born. It has been used on hundreds of hit records throughout the last four decades and many of the original units are still in service and cherished.
The Omnipressor plug-in is a faithful emulation of the "black-face" unit and is popular among some of the world's leading producers and engineers as a dynamics-modifier with variable expressive controls of all aspects of a signal's dynamics. The Function control allows you to set compression and expansion ratios over a wide, continuous range from extreme expansion to infinite compression and beyond - dynamic reversal which reverses a sound’s envelope, making loud sounds quiet and quiet sounds loud. One of our first customers was a young Brian May, lead guitarist of Queen. With the Omnipressor in his rig, his sound was never the same again.
- Dynamics processing for creating otherwordly sounds
- Variable control of attack and release time
- Variable control of maximum gain and maximum attenuation
- Function control sets ratio over a continuous range from extreme expansion to infinite compression and beyond to dynamic reversal
- Gating: Set a threshhold and signals whose amplitudes fall below the threshhold value are 'squooshed'
- Expansion: Widen a signal's dynamic range. Loud gets louder, soft gets softer
- Compression: Variable control of compression ratio
- Infinite compression: Obliterates a signal's dynamics - everything comes out at the same level
- Limiting: Versatile, fast limiter
- Dynamic Reversal: First of its kind. Soft signals come out loud, loud signals come out soft. Simulates tape reversal
- Intuitive interface makes it simple to operate with the use of a function dial
- Dozens of presets to help you explore the unique and inspirational sounds of the tool used on countless hit records
Platform: Microsoft Windows 7+ and Apple OS X 10.7+
DAW Software & Plug-In Format
- Pro Tools 10 + AAX Native
- Cubase 7+ VST2
- Nuendo VST2
- Wavelab VST2
- Logic 8+ AU
- Ableton Live 7+ AU, VST2
- SONAR VST2
- Studio One AU, VST2
- Digital Performer AU
- Reaper VST2
- GarageBand AU
- Audition AU, VST2