IK Multimedia British Channel-Strip Plug-In || Your Software Registration Code and Instructions Will Be Sent to You, Along With an URL Connecting You Directly to The Manufacturer, Who Will Provide You With Your Software. We are Authorized IK Multimedia Resellers. Verify Our Credentials on the Xchange Market. Please Be Aware That Software Is Non-Cancelable and Non-Returnable. If you have any questions about this product please do not hesitate to contact us.
This module is included in:
- T-RackS 5 Deluxe
- T-RackS 5 MAX
This audio processor module is part of T-RackS CS "Custom Shop" Mixing and Mastering Plug-In Collection.
British Channel - Solid State Channel Strip - Classic British sound and versatility. The British Channel was modeled after one of the most widely used and acknowledged pieces of hardware in the music history. Countless hit records around the world have been produced on this large format British mixing console since the 80's making it a true staple of the music production technology for its ultimate flexibility and trademark sound. Many of these consoles are still in active use today in the control rooms of countless studios around the world.
The signal path of this channel strip was closely modeled from top to bottom, in order to achieve such flexibility and control, so each gain stage and section switching option is matched, and this can be clearly heard in the British Channel precise and “forward” sound.
Nonetheless, we decided to add a few further enhancements to its already powerful design: selectable black/brown EQ mode allows the user to tap into the two EQ circuits that were peculiar of the console's different versions (with the low shelf knob color showing which one is selected).
This means that the dramatic frequency shifts and boost/cut ranges are available at the flick of a switch for instantaneous tone shaping possibilities, where the black mode has more inherent gain and sharper Qs, giving a more pronounced “EQ” effect.
I/O level controls were added to precisely drive the dynamics section from subtle compression to true squashing, still maintaining the razor sharp precision of the EQ and the channel's overall sound faithful to the original. When the Input gain is set to drive more signal level into the unit the compressor will react with more gain reduction and distortion, adding wonderful analog saturation to the track. The overall level can be compensated by lowering the output knob. The added filters section, which can be either used on its own or within the side-chaining mode, rounds out the set of handy features.
This channel strip is sounding so good and is so versatile that it can be used on practically any source; kick, snare, toms, over heads, bass, guitars, you name it: the British Channel is at home on whatever track you are mixing; being derived from a console's channel it can become your "go to", self-contained solution to address EQ and dynamics needs in a single plug-in.
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application
- High-quality oversampling
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices
- Full-latency compensation support
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- DSM™ and SCC™ proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
T-RackS 5 is a 64-bit application and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.9 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 7, Windows® 8 or Windows® 10. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- NOTE: EQual processor requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
Internet connection is required as all of the Custom Shop operations are web based.