Kilohearts Bitcrush Plug-In || Your Digital Software Registration Code and Instructions Will Be Sent to You, Along With an URL Connecting You Directly to The Manufacturer, Who Will Provide You With Your Software Digitally. Please Be Aware That Software Is Non-Cancelable and Non-Returnable. If you have any questions about this product please do not hesitate to contact us. Guildwater Gear is an Authorized Kilohearts Dealer through the Xchange Market. There, You Can Find Us Among Their List of Authorized Resellers.
When nostalgia hits, Bitcrush can bring you back to the digital hardware of times past. It simulates the audio being played back using a low quality sampler with limited sample rate and bit depth. Mm, crunchy.
The Bitcrush can be used to create distorting effects that sound like that of scraping analog radio, or inherently lo-fi sound sources, like old video games.
- Rate Display. Down sample the signal to a minimum of 200 Hz.
- Bits Knob. Quantize the amplitude of each sample of the signal. A lower value will result in a more distorted sound.
- ADC Q Knob. Quality of the analog-to-digital conversion. A lower value will add dissonant aliasing in the low frequencies.
- DAC Q Knob. Quality of the digital-to-analog conversion. A lower value will add dissonant aliasing in the high frequencies.
- Dither knob. Adds noise to the signal in order to reduce distortion caused by quantization.
- Mix knob. The dry/wet mix of this effect. A lower value will let some of the unmodified signal through.
- Settings panel. Whenever you have your mouse cursor over a snapin there is a small arrow at the top right corner (not visible in screenshot). It opens a settings panel where you handle presets. It also has a "randomize" button that can be useful. I guess...
- Enabled checkbox. The small checkbox to the left of the plugin name is a checkbox that bypasses the effect when disabled.
- Resize handle. The bottom right corner of all Kilohearts plugins is a resize handle for scaling the UI to any size. This allows you to get a good view of the controls whatever the screen resolution, and also comes in handy if you need big controls, e.g. when using Bitcrush as a real-time effect on a touchscreen monitor during a live set. (This is not available when the snapin is used inside a snapin host.)
Bitcrush is a snapin. Kilohearts plugins work great together, and all the snapins can work double duty as modular components inside our snapin hosts. There are several different hosts that allow you to apply any number of snapins in various contexts, like to each individual band in the band-splitter Multipass, or add your full effects chain right inside the preset of the synth Phase Plant.